Gluten Free Date, Walnut & Banana Loaf
This gluten free version of my favourite afternoon snack is wonderful with a nice cup of tea. Free of refined sugars and great to freeze and pull out a slice when you like!
Dairy Free | Gluten Free | Vegetarian
- Servings: 12 slices
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Place all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl
- Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients
- Oil a loaf tin with some coconut oil
- Spoon batter into the tin and bake for 50 minutes until golden and cooked through
- Decorate the top with a slice of banana lengthwise.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and allow it to cool in tin. Slice loaf into 12 slices.