How To Make The Perfect Nut Milk
Diary Free | Gluten Free | Vegan
- Servings: 1 L
- Preparation Time: overnight
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup raw nuts (almond, cashew or blend of both)
- 2.5 cups of filtered water
- 2 medjool dates (3-4 if you prefer a sweeter milk)
- dash of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
1. SOAK ALMONDS OVERNIGHT (or 8-10 hours)
Place the nuts in a container and fill with water until covered. As the nuts absorb the water, they will plump up making them easier to blend.
2. DRAIN AND RINSE ALMONDS
If using almonds, I prefer to leave the skin on the almonds as I find it reduces the grittiness.
3. BLEND BLEND BLEND!
Combine the nuts and water in a blender. Pulse the blender a few times to break up the nuts, then blend continuously for two minutes.
4. Strain the almonds
Over a large bowl, pour the contents of the blender into the opened nut bag or cheese cloth. Squeeze and press to extract as much almond milk as possible. You should get about 2 cups.
5. taste & REFRIGERATE
Store the nut milk in sealed containers in the fridge for up to three days.
Some delicious variations:
- Matcha Nut Milk - add 1 tbsp of matcha (more or less depending on taste)
- Berry Nut Milk - add 1/2 cup fresh berries of choice. I love strawberries!
- Golden Cashew - use all cashew nuts, add turmeric and cinnamon to taste
- Chocolate - add 1 tbsp cocoa powder