Quinoa Porridge with Maple Pears
Quinoa is a awesome source of protein and fibre. This is a great gluten free version of wheat porridge and so delicious on a colder morning. It's great with many fruit toppings, so you can switch it up depending on what's in season.
Dairy Free | Gluten Free | Vegan
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk (amount to your liking)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- 1 pear cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- In a pan, place cut pears with maple syrup and cook on low for 7-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, pour boiling water over the quinoa flakes. Leave covered for 5 minutes.
- Unwrap quinoa, add milk and top with cinnamon and honey if you like it a bit sweeter.
- Top with pears and enjoy!