Sweet Potato & Lime Quinoa
Dairy Free | Gluten Free | Vegan
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
his quinoa salad makes an awesome addition to lunch or a simple dinner. I like to add a grilled chicken breast for some protein. This recipe makes a large batch so you can bring with you during the week for lunch, or great addition to a party.
- 1 medium sweet potato cut into 2” cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup dry)
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 can of green lentils (1 cup cooked)
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tblsp olive oil,
- 1 minced garlic clove,
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice,
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- large pitch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F/180°C
- Cut up and place sweet potato cubes on a lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until tender.
- While they are cooking ,in a large bowl combine cooked and cooled quinoa sweet bell pepper, green onion, lentils and pumpkin seeds.
- In a small bowl, mix together ingredients for dressing
- Add dressing and sweet potatoes to the quinoa mix.
- Toss and serve
Keeps refrigerated for up to 1 week